One of my kids most favorite dinners is spaghetti and meatballs. They often request it for dinner, so I like to make a batch of meatballs, cook them and stick them in the freezer. On the days where the kids are requesting it for dinner, I pull some out and add it to some pasta/sauce, and dinner is done. Now I do have a slight confession…..I have yet to find a sauce that my family loves from scratch. I know, crazy huh? I have tried to make several, and each time, my family requests the jarred kind. Don’t worry, I will keep trying to find one. In the meantime, these meatballs have been perfected and let me tell you, not only are they simple to make, but they are packed with flavor. This is definitely my go to recipe, and I LOVE that I can freeze the extras for another meal or two down the road!! Enjoy!
PS: If you have an amazing, homemade sauce recipe, I would LOVE to try it. Email us at email@example.com. Thanks!!
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a medium/large size bowl.
- Mix with hands until all is combined.
- Form into golf size balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely if freezing, or allow to cool for about 10 minutes before enjoying!!