One of my most favorite breakfast items to make, is muffins. Not only are they sooooooo easy, but there are so many varieties! My kids enjoy taking them to school as a snack in their day, I enjoy one with my morning coffee, and my hubby can polish a few off as his breakfast. This past week, I decided to whip these up as a Fall treat. Anything pumpkin is a huge hit in my house. Since the kids were at school, they didn’t get to try these straight out of the oven, however, the next day they came home from school excited to tell me how their snack was amazing and asked if they could have another muffin the next day at school. One of my favorite things about this recipe, is it is fairly good for you. Not too much sugar, yummy apple chopped up into this, and a Fall pumpkin flavor! Enjoy!
* A few weeks ago, I was approached about reviewing some products. I was quite excited for the opportunity since I love anything for the kitchen. I was sent a vegetable/fruit peeler and let me tell you, it is amazing! Not only is it pink, which is my favorite color, but it peeled the apples in this recipe SO easily, and is by far, the best peeler I have ever used. It does come in a few other colors for you non- pink lovers, hehe!! Right now, it is only $9.95 and worth every penny! I had my husband try it since he didn’t like using our original peeler, and even he was a fan!! We tossed our old peeler and made this one our one and only! Check out the link below to see more details!!
Click here to check out the peeler!!!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup canola oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 cup apples, peeled and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin puree, and oil.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the apples.
- Spoon mixture into a lined muffin tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!