Are you ever in the mood for a sweet that takes little to no effort? Every now and then, it is nice to throw a box of brownies together, add a few twists to it, and call it good, right?? A few nights ago as I was searching for a sweet to make, I came across a box of brownie mix. Since I absolutely LOVE boxed brownies, I decided to simply add to it! Yes, I make homemade brownies often as well, but there is just something so tasty about the boxed mixes.
I added in some cream cheese and swirled it through, and these were a hit!! My hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed them!! Next time you are in the mood for a sweet, definitely try these!! Little to no effort required, and amazing results!!
- 5 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 box brownie mix (any kind desired, enough to make a 9 inch pan)
- Water, oil, egg per ingredients listed on brownie box
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
*If you want, you can easily make a “from scratch” brownie and simply swirl in the cream cheese mixture!!
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla.
- Once smooth and creamy, set aside.
- Make brownies per directions on box (or directions on recipe if making from scratch).
- Grease a 9 inch baking pan.
- Pour 3/4 brownie batter into pan.
- Pour cream cheese mixture on top of brownie batter.
- Pour remaining brownie batter on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Use a knife and gently swirl the mixtures around to create a marbled look.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of brownies.
- Place pan in a preheated oven, 350, and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, then refrigerate when not enjoying!!