One of the easiest, most kid friendly dinners I make in my house, is this cheesy tuna noodle casserole. Looking back through all my recipes, I was shocked to realized I had never blogged it before. Not only do my kids plow through their plates, but its one of those meals that the kids do not complain through. That is definitely a perk in my opinion!! I can throw this together in no time, feed everyone, and typically have enough leftovers for lunch the next day. This is also one of those meals that is inexpensive and frugal for families of any size!! Next time you are looking for a quick and easy dinner, definitely pull this recipe out and try it!
- 1 bag (12 oz) egg noodles
- 1 can (10 1/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup (you can use cream of celery soup if desired)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped small
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped small
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, cooked (optional)
- 7 oz can of tuna, drained
- Cook egg noodles according to directions. Drain water.
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, cream of mushroom, mayonnaise, evaporated milk, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, celery, onion, black pepper, mixed veggies if using, and tuna.
- Pour mixture into a large casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese on top of noodle mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 325, for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!!