My family LOVES cornbread. My hubby prefers a sweet cornbread, so I love trying new versions. This one was a hit!! It had just the right amount of sweetness to it, and was packed with flavor! I was able to prepare it in the morning, stick it in the fridge, and pull it out that night to bake! We had it with some yummy BBQ chicken, and the whole meal was happily enjoyed!! I had a few leftover, so I popped them in the freezer to enjoy another night!!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey (try to use local raw honey)
- Line a muffin tin with liners or grease.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a different bowl, combine the milk, eggs, melted butter, and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 400, and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!