A few nights ago, as I was looking through the freezer, I found a package of cheese ravioli. Since the kids really enjoy cheese filled pastas, I knew it would be the perfect thing to make for dinner. As I was browsing Pinterest for inspiration, I came across this Lemon Butter Basil Sauce over at Two Peas and Their Pod. Not only did it look SO good, but I had most of the ingredients. With a few changes, I served this over the ravioli and it was a hit!! My mom and dad had it with us and said it was surprisingly refreshing. When you think of a butter sauce, sometimes it makes people think of a somewhat “heavy” sauce, however, this was refreshing with the lemon in it. The kids ate it up happily and there was even enough for leftovers the next day!! All in all, this was definitely a winner and something I will be making again. It took about 10 minutes to get it to the table, which makes this mama quite happy!! Enjoy!!
- 1 bag cheese filled ravioli (22 oz)
- 2 sticks (1 cup total) butter
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes (or chopped fresh onion)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chopped basil
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a large pot, boil water and cook ravioli according to directions on package.
- While ravioli is cooking, melt butter in a saucepan.
- Once butter is melted, add in the onion and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, chopped basil, and salt/pepper.
- Stir until mixed.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain water from ravioli and pour butter sauce over pasta.
- Serve and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over each serving!