Yesterday morning, I came down the stairs to find my hubby making these donuts! He loves to make breakfasts on the weekends, so each Saturday and Sunday, its a fun, new surprise seeing what creations he has come up with! These donuts were a HUGE hit with the family, especially the kids! Since they are baked, not fried, they are a little healthier for you…..okay, don’t go thinking I called these health food, but hey, baking them saved a few calories, right?? These were fluffy, moist, and packed with the cinnamon sugar flavor that is sooooo yummy! My hubby doubled the recipe, but one batch will make about 9 donuts!! Enjoy!!
Ingredients: (recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum)
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 5 tbsp butter, melted (for dipping)
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar (for dipping)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add in buttermilk, egg, and 1 tbsp melted butter.
- Stir until just combined.
- Spray a donut pan with cooking spray and fill each donut cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove donuts and allow to cool in pan for about 5 minutes prior to removing from tray.
- Dip each donut in the melted butter, followed by the cinnamon sugar mixture.