One of my favorite things to do, is make a batch of chocolate chips cookies, enjoy a few spoonfuls of the dough, and then bake cookies. Not only do you get to enjoy the tasty cookie dough, but then you get to enjoy the cookie! It is definitely a win win, right? However, one of the things I always think about is the egg in cookie dough, and eating it raw. I have never experienced any issues, but the thought is definitely there. Since I was craving cookie dough last week and wanted to make a new dessert, I decided to make these cookie dough bars! Wow, they definitely satisfied my sweet tooth! It was the cookie dough I was craving, but the chocolate layer on top, made it wayyyy better than just eating a spoonful of dough! Don’t cut the pieces too big as these are definitely sweet, but you will positively love these if you are a chocolate chip cookie dough fan like me!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with foil, making sure to line the entire pan, sides included.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add in vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in the flour and sweetened condensed milk until combined.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Press cookie dough into the bottom of baking pan and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours, or until dough is firm.
- In a microwaveable safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream.
- Microwave in increments of 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Pour chocolate topping on top of chilled cookie dough.
- Return pan back to fridge for a minimum of one hour.
- Cut bars into desired size pieces and enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated when not serving!!
*It is easiest to place a piece of plastic wrap over cookie dough and press it flat using your hands
Recipe adapted from: A Family Feast