For dinner last night, I quickly threw together these taquitos. My kids are very hit and miss with dishes like this, but they all loved this! I think it would due to the fact the chicken is sweetened with honey, so it is more sweet than spicy. The cilantro lime dip is definitely what made these amazing!! Not only was I able to throw these together in just a few minutes, but we now have leftovers for lunch today! Double win in my book!!
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Cooking spray
- 9-10 tortillas (I prefer flour)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Green salsa
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, lime juice, honey, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Spread chicken down middle of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of chicken.
- Roll up tortilla leaving both ends open.
- Place filled tortilla on a sprayed cookie sheet, with seam down.
- Spray the top of each tortilla with cooking spray and sprinkle a dash of salt on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for about 10-15 minutes, or until slightly golden brown and cheese is melted.
- While baking, combine the sour cream, salsa, lime juice, and cilantro in a food processor. Once blended well, pour into a small serving dish.
- Remove taquitos from the oven and serve with sauce.
Adapted from: Lovely Little Kitchen