A few nights ago, I was looking through my pantry in hopes of finding something quick and easy for dinner. I was feeling quite “lazy” since the weather was gray and rainy, so I wanted something with no work involved. I ended up having all the ingredients for this casserole, and even had some chicken in my freezer that I had seasoned and cooked up a few weeks earlier!! This was full of flavor and the perfect comfort food!
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 16 oz frozen vegetables (any variety you prefer)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- In a large pot, boil water and cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, vegetables, milk, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, salt, pepper, melted butter, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain and add the noodles to the chicken mixture.
- Combine until thoroughly coated.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch pan.
- Cover pan with tin foil and bake in a preheated oven, 350, for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and allow to bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!