I wanted to make something different for a side dish for dinner tonight. I would say that this was really good but it was spicy so be careful on what kind of pickles you want to put in. If you don’t like spicy I would do just dill but we like spicy so it was good to us!
- 4 cups Elbow Macaroni
- 3 whole Roasted Red Peppers, Chopped (more To Taste, Can Also Use Pimentos)
- 1/2 cup Black Olives, Chopped Fine
- 6 whole Sweet/spicy Pickle Slices, Diced (about 1/2 Cup Diced)
- 3 whole Green Onions, Sliced (white And Dark Green Parts)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Or Distilled Vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Sugar, More Or Less To Taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, More To Taste
- Plenty Of Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Milk (more If Needed)
- Splash Of Pickle Juice (spicy Sweet Pickles)
- Extra Pickle Juice To Taste
Cook the macaroni in lightly salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Set aside.
Mix together mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Splash in enough milk to make it pourable. Splash in pickle juice for extra flavor. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
Place cooled macaroni in a large bowl and pour 3/4 of the dressing. Toss and add more dressing if you’d like. (Dressing will seem a little thin, but it will thicken up as salad chills.)
Stir in olives, roasted red peppers (or pimentos), pickles, and green onions. Add more of any ingredient if you’d like more stuff going on! At the end, splash in a little more pickle juice and stir.
Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Sprinkle with sliced green onion to serve!