Last week, for Taco Tuesday, I whipped this up using crescent rolls, ground turkey (you can use beef too if desired, no worries for all you non turkey fans out there, hehe), and some seasoning. It literally came together in no time and was a hit with each and every family member of mine. I topped ours with shredded lettuce, sour cream, and some salsa…but you could also use avocado, tomato, jalapeno, etc.
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (8 oz.) Pilsbury crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning OR 1 envelope store bought taco mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings of choice: shredded lettuce, sour cream, chopped tomato, avocado, etc.
- In a medium skillet, cook turkey/beef until no longer pink.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in the salsa and taco seasoning and allow to simmer 5 minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile, open can of crescent rolls and separate the rolls.
- Place rolls in a 9 inch pie plate making sure to press dough along entire bottom and up the sides to form a crust.
- Remove the meat from heat and spoon meat mixture into crust evenly.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of meat.
- Place pie in preheated oven, 375, for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with desired toppings.
- Check out the newest feature on the blog below….recipe cards!!! Enjoy!!
Crescent Taco Pie
A family friendly dish that is simple to make and packed with flavor!!
- 1 lb Ground Turkey or Beef
- 1 can Pilsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- Shredded Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, Sour Cream
Ground meat until no longer pink.
Stir in the salsa and taco seasoning, allowing to simmer for 5 minutes.
While meat is simmering, align crescent rolls along the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate to form a crust.
Spoon meat mixture evenly into crust and sprinkle cheese on top of meat.
Place pie in a preheated oven, 375, and bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve with desired toppings.