Two of my favorite things are chocolate and peanut butter. When you put the two together, I am one happy girl!!! These cookies…..well, they are a dream come true. They are chewy, packed with chocolate, peanut butter, and the best part of all….simple to whip up!
If you are having a sweet tooth craving, look no further! These cookies are just what you need!!
I made a batch a few weeks ago and sent them to work with my hubby. Before the cookies left the house, we all had a few and gave them two thumbs up! My hubby’s coworkers had them polished off in no time! Literally within a few hours (before lunch), these cookies were gone! Now THAT is impressive, right?!
Next time you are at the grocery store, be sure to grab a bag of peanut butter chips. The rest of the ingredients are ones you most likely already have on hand!! Win win!!
- 2 sticks butter or margarine (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bag peanut butter chips (I used Reese’s, sold in the baking aisle)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and both types of sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon onto a baking sheet. *Be sure to allow 2 inches between cookie dough so they don’t spread into each other.
- Once baking sheet is filled, place in preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 2-3 minutes before removing from baking sheet.