Being a mom of three young kids, I love quick and easy meals! Especially ones that have my kids clearing their plates and asking for seconds! Since sloppy joes are one of my kiddos favorite meals, I made this casserole last week and my kids went crazy over it! All three had seconds and their dinner plates were scraped clean within minutes!! I call that a home run dinner!!
This came together in no time, was inexpensive to make, and we had enough leftovers to enjoy the next night as well!!
If you love sloppy joes, you’ll love this bubble up casserole!!
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 oz. can Grand’s Jr biscuits, cut into quarters
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef/turkey until no longer pink.
- Drain fat.
- Add in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour meat mixture into a medium bowl.
- Add the quartered biscuits to the bowl and toss until thoroughly combined.
- Pour biscuit/meat mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle cheese on top evenly.
- Place pan in oven and bake for about 28-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve!!
Recipe adapted from: Plain Chicken