Have you ever tried the Chicken and Wild Rice Soup from Panera Bread? If not, it is amazing!! It isn’t always available like their Broccoli Cheese Soup (also amazing), so when it is, you need to grab a bowl for sure!!
Since I don’t always want to have to run to Panera for my soup fix, I decided to make an at home version. This came out pretty darn close and the ingredients were pretty simple!!
I had my parents over for dinner and we all agreed, this soup is a winner! Packed with flavor, hearty vegetables, shredded chicken, and rice….its the perfect meal for those cold nights ahead!
- 1 cup diced baby carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 48 oz. chicken broth
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 box (4.3 oz) Rice a Roni Long Grain & Wild Rice
- 1/2 cup minute rice (optional if you like a bit more rice in your soup)
- In a dutch oven or large pot, add the carrots, celery, onion, and olive oil.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add in the garlic, chicken broth, 1 cup milk, salt, pepper, oregano, chicken bouillon cubes, and cooked chicken.
- Allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- With the remaining 1 cup milk, mix in the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into pot and stir to combine.
- Add in the Rice a Roni box, seasoning packet that comes with box, and minute rice if using.
- Stir once more and allow to simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
Recipe adapted from: Gal on a Mission