With Halloween creeping up on us, I decided to make these friendly Ghost cupcakes for my family. My kiddos loved them, as did my parents, brother, and his family!!
The frosting was not overly sweet and had a great marshmallow flavor!! You can use it on any cupcake flavor, anytime of the year, but it makes great ghosts with just the addition of chocolate chips!!
Enjoy and Happy Halloween!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix OR ingredients for The BEST Chocolate Cupcakes (highly recommended)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 7 oz. marshmallow cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips and regular sized chocolate chips
- Prepare cupcakes as directed on box or in recipe link above.
- Allow cupcakes to cool entirely before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and vanilla together until fluffy.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the marshmallow cream and mix until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag. *I used a round star tip, but you can use round tips, or any desired.
- Frost each cupcake and add two mini chocolate chips for eyes and one regular size chocolate chip for mouth.