I don’t know about you, but there is nothing better than good salsa with chips, right?? It is such a good side dish, appetizer, snack, etc. and definitely addicting!!
Lately, my favorite “salsa”, has been this Pico de Gallo version. It is incredibly simple to make, fresh, and surprisingly healthy…..minus the 1,000 chips I eat with it of course!
I added in hatch peppers since they are in season here in Houston, however, feel free to use extra tomatoes or peppers (even a jalapeno) in place of the hatch peppers as I know that many other states don’t sell them!
Whether using as an appetizer, side dish, snack, or topping on a meal….you’ll love this!!
Ingredients: (makes 2 cups)
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 3 hatch peppers, seeded and diced small
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- Combine the tomatoes, hatch peppers, onion, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Add the lime juice on top and stir until everything is mixed together.
- Add desired amount of salt.
- Serve!! *Keep refrigerated until ready to enjoy!