If you follow my blog, you know I love a good casserole. Add in some bacon and I am in Heaven!! This casserole literally is mouth watering yummy and PACKED with flavor. Seasoned chicken, chopped up bacon, Alfredo sauce, and pasta…..what more could you ask for in one dish??
Last week, I whipped this up in the afternoon before the kids got home from school. Once dinner rolled around, I popped it in the oven and minutes later, it was on the table ready for devouring. The kids and my hubby all went crazy over this and the leftovers were even better!
Not only is this a quick dinner to prepare, but it is also fairly inexpensive!
Next time you are short on time, be sure to throw this together. Your family will thank you!!! Enjoy!
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- 8 oz. pasta (I used Shells)
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce (14.5 oz)
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon until brown and crispy, about 7 minutes.
- Drain fat and place bacon on a paper towel to absorb the grease.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag, add in the olive oil, diced chicken (raw at this point), and Ranch mix.
- Shake around in bag until chicken is evenly coated.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until no longer pink. Set aside.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain water and add pasta to greased baking dish.
- Add cooked chicken and Alfredo sauce to the pasta.
- Sprinkle both cheeses, bacon, and salt/pepper to the top of the Alfredo and place pan in oven.
- Bake until bubbly and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!! Enjoy!!