By now, if you have followed this blog a while, you know I LOVE cheesecake! It definitely has to be one of my most favorite desserts. With so many varieties, it never gets old having a new recipe around. This past week was my birthday, and we whipped this cheesecake up. The flavor was amazing! Incredibly moist, full of chocolate, creamy, and just the perfect sweet treat to celebrate the day! Whether bringing this to a party, serving this for company, or making this for a family treat, this is definitely one recipe you will not want to pass up!!
Stay tuned, we have another cheesecake recipe coming up this weekend!! Yea!!
- 1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate graham crackers
- 6 tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham crackers and butter. Press mixture evenly on the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate until melted. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Blend in the eggs, one at a time.
- Remove 1 cup of the cream cheese mixture and add into the melted chocolate.
- Spread plain batter evenly on top of cookie crust.
- Drop the chocolate batter by spoonfuls around the plain batter.
- With the tip of a knife, swirl the batter to create a marbled look.
- Bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours.