With back to school here, I have been pulling my slow cooker out more and more for dinners. This year, my schedule has definitely filled up a bit more, so I need all the “quick meals” I can get. Last week, I put this together in about 5 minutes and left it for most of the day. I shredded the chicken mid afternoon, and by dinner, my house smelled delicious and I had a meal ready to be devoured. My entire family loved this, and the kids loved how they were able to pick their own toppings!! Not only were we able to all enjoy this, but there was plenty for lunches the next day! I highly recommend trying this on those busy nights ahead!! Enjoy!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10.75 oz can)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz can)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Toppings: sour cream, avocado, tomato, tortilla strips, etc.
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place chicken on bottom.
- In a bowl, combine the cream of chicken, chicken broth, salsa, corn, black beans, water, cumin, and cilantro.
- Pour mixture evenly on top of chicken.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low 7-8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.
- Once chicken is tender, shred using two forks.
- Add cheese into the soup about 30 minutes prior to eating and cover slow cooker so it can melt.
- Serve with toppings of choice! ENJOY~
Recipe adapted from: The Recipe Critic