One of my family’s most favorite side dishes with dinner, is asparagus. My kids absolutely go crazy over it, so when it is in season, I always keep it on hand. Typically, I make our garlic and parmesan asparagus since we all enjoy it. However, a few nights ago, I had an opened container of feta cheese in my refrigerator and decided to change the recipe up. Using chipotle pepper and feta, the flavor was amazing, and completely different from the garlic/parmesan recipe. My kids said it had a “smoky” flavor to it and once again, ate it up happily! If you enjoy asparagus, definitely try this!!
- 2 lbs asparagus, washed/trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- In a skillet, heat olive oil on medium high.
- Add in the garlic and chipotle pepper. Allow to simmer for about 3-4 minutes, or until garlic turns a golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Place trimmed asparagus on a cookie sheet.
- Pour garlic olive oil mixture over asparagus and toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and feta cheese on top of asparagus.
- Place in preheated oven, 425, and allow to roast for about 12 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from oven and serve!