I love a meal that goes together quickly, but especially when it is made in the slow cooker and I don’t have to do the work. Last week, I had this in the slow cooker in about 5 minutes. I served it with our French Onion Rice and Crispy Garlic and Parmesan Green Beans, and this dinner was a hit! The kids ate up everything on their plates with no complaints. Since they are 4, 6, and 8 years old, I call that a definite success. The chicken was incredibly tender and literally came apart on the fork. We took the leftovers the next day and enjoyed them over a salad for lunch!! This will definitely be on our meal rotation again!!
- 4-6 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
- 2 tbsp water
- Spray your slow cooker with non stick cooking spray, or place a slow cooker liner inside.
- Place chicken on bottom of slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the BBQ sauce and apricot jam.
- Pour mixture evenly on top of chicken.
- Sprinkle onion soup mix on top of BBQ mixture.
- Pour water around chicken, on bottom of slow cooker.
- Place lid on and cook for about 6-7 hours on low.
- Serve by itself, over rice, pasta, over a salad, etc. Enjoy!!!