Last week, we had my parents in town AND my son’s baseball game. Since things were crazy busy, I decided to throw this casserole together in the morning and have it ready to go before baseball that evening. It took me about 10 minutes to put together, and fed my family, my parents, and still had enough leftover for two lunches the next day. The kids loved this because of the cornflake “cereal” topping (their word choice, haha). It was very flavorful and it was an all in one casserole since it had veggies, rice, and chicken already in it. This is definitely the perfect go to casserole on those busy evenings!!
And to make the night even better, my son’s team won the game! See, this casserole is even good luck, haha!!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cooked rice (any rice works, just make sure it is cooked)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup corn flakes, crushed (I put cereal in a sandwich bag, seal it, and hit the bag a few times until crushed)
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Mix the chicken, broccoli, cream of chicken soup, cooked rice, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture into greased baking pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle crushed corn flakes over mixture evenly.
- Drizzle melted butter over corn flakes.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, or until casserole is bubbly.
- Serve immediately!!