For my hubby’s birthday this year, he requested a new trifle for dessert. Since my family loves trying new variations of trifles, I decided to whip up this cheesecake version. My family went crazy over it and had no idea it only took me a few minutes to put together. Making these in mini bowls is perfect for single servings, however, if taking this to a get together, using a large trifle bowl would be perfect. The cookie crumb layer adds the perfect touch to offset the cheesecake and whipped cream layer. With a touch of Bailey’s flavor, this definitely is a must try. Enjoy!!
- 2 packages cream cheese (16 oz total, room temperature)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp. Bailey’s Irish Crème
Whipped Cream and Cookies Layer:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. Bailey’s Irish Crème
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 18 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Slowly add in the Bailey’s and mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream until it thickens up.
- Add in Bailey’s, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar. Mix well.
- To assemble trifles, divide half the cookie crumbs evenly on bottom of trifle bowl(s). Divide half the cheesecake layer on top, followed by half the whipped cream layer. Repeat layer one more time. Sprinkle leftover cookie crumbs on top.
- Refrigerate until ready to enjoy!
* Makes 4 mini trifles, or 1 medium trifle
Recipe Adapted from: Life, Love, and Sugar