I don’t know about you, but there is nothing better than a chocolate filled trifle. They are so fun and easy to put together, the varieties are endless, and they are always a hit with parties, gatherings, etc. Last weekend, I asked my hubby what sounded good for dessert. I was thinking he would say some type of cookie, brownie, cake, etc. However, he surprised me by asking if I could make a trifle. Heck yeah I can make a trifle, haha!! My four year old son helped me make this one afternoon while my hubby was at work and my other two kids were at school. We both had so much fun and at the end of it he said “this reminds me of an ant farm”. Hmmmm……he is four, so I am going to go ahead and take that as a good thing, LOL!!
- 1 package brownie mix (or homemade version)
- 1 (3.9 oz) pkg instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 24 oz frozen whipped topping, slightly thawed (divided)
- Chocolate Bar shavings (for topping)
- Prepare the brownie mix or homemade brownies. Bake according to directions and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut into 2 inch squares and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the instant chocolate pudding with the water and sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir until no longer clumpy and mixed thoroughly.
- Fold 8 oz whipped topping into chocolate pudding mixture. Stir well.
- To assemble trifle, layer half the brownies on the bottom of the trifle bowl. Next, layer half the pudding mixture, followed by half the remaining whipped topping. Repeat layers one time. Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top of last layer (whipped cream).
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours. Serve!