One of my favorite breakfast’s growing up was these Bran Muffins. My mom would make a double batch of them, stick them in the freezer, and we could pull them out for breakfasts during the week. As I went to school, these would keep me full until lunch hour, as well as be quick and easy for the busy mornings. Last weekend, my mom whipped up a double batch of these and everyone was able to enjoy them. My kids, who ate them for the first time, loved them, and ended up having them for their breakfast two days in a row. Whether you make them for breakfast, snacks, or the freezer, these are quick and easy, stick with you, and aren’t overly sweet!!
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups Bran cereal
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- In a bowl, combine the cereal and milk. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, egg, and oil.
- Mix well until batter is formed.
- Pour into greased muffin cups.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 400, for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve! *Or freeze once completely cooled