A few weeks ago, while my hubby was out of town, my friend and I took our kids to the pumpkin patch. Since we were planning on being gone all afternoon, I decided to throw this chicken into the slow cooker before we left. We ended up staying a little longer than anticipated due to the fun the kids were having, so by the time we came home, it was already after 5 pm. My kids are used to eating at 5ish each night, so I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to throw this together quickly. I got home, made some rice, added a few sides to it, and had dinner on the table in under 10 minutes. Not only did the house smell so yummy, but this dinner was packed with flavor. The kids quickly ate it all up and never once complained. If you have little ones, you know that that in itself is rare, he-he! We ended up having enough leftovers for the next night too, which my hubby was home for, and he too loved. Not only is it simple, but using only 5 ingredients, this is the perfect go to dinner when you are pressed for time!! Whether served over rice, pasta, or by itself, this is a must try!!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 package dry Italian dressing mix
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- In a slow cooker, place the chicken on the bottom.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, Italian dressing, and garlic powder.
- Pour mixture over chicken. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for about 6-7 hours, or high for about 3-4 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked, shred with two forks.
- Serve over rice, pasta, or by itself.