Since you all know I have a major obsession with brownies and chocolate, this recipe only seems fitting. In my adventures of coming up with the best brownie recipe ever, these have been added to my list. Not only are they full of that tasty chocolate flavor, but they are also simple to make. That in itself makes these a winner since I LOVE boxed brownies, so if I can find a recipe just as easy, it allows me to not buy the boxed kind! My family enjoyed these with a scoop of ice cream on top and will definitely be making these again! For any chocolate lover out there, these are a must try!
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter, melted and divided (1/3 and 1/3)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cocoa powder, baking soda, and 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Stir until smooth, and add in the boiling water.
- Stir in the sugar and eggs, followed by last 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Add flour in stirring until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the greased pan and bake in oven for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly, and serve!!