This week, my hubby is travelling with work. Since he and I usually have some type of dessert each night, while he is gone, I always need a little something to enjoy at night. Since I didn’t really want to whip up a whole pan of brownies since it was just myself, I decided to play around with some ingredients and make a brownie in a mug. Not only did this definitely satisfy my sweet tooth, but it was simple to make, and was the perfect amount for one person. I ended up making this two nights in a row since it was so yummy. If you aren’t a fan of peanut butter, no worries, you can simply use chocolate chips in place of the peanut butter chips. Add a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and you have the perfect dessert for one!
- 2 tbsp butter ( OR you can use coconut oil, I have tried both and they are great)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp peanut butter chips (or chocolate chips if desired)
- Place the butter in a microwave safe mug.
- Melt the butter in a microwave.
- Add in the sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Add in the egg yolk and stir.
- Add in the flour and cocoa powder. Stir until combined.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips.
- Place mug in microwave and heat for about 45 seconds. *Time may vary depending on microwave, be sure not to overcook!