Living up here in Seattle, my family LOVES seafood. Since we have the best selection available, we almost always have it stocked in our freezer. Last week, I pulled a few salmon fillets out and whipped this up. Not only was it packed with flavor, but it was healthy and simple to make. My kids surprisingly loved this and ate everything on their plates. Usually they eat their salmon, but it takes a while to “talk them into it” haha! If you enjoy salmon, you will definitely love this! Enjoy!!
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 lb salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and 3 tbsp Italian dressing. Set aside.
- Spray a large sheet of heavy duty foil with cooking spray.
- Place foil on grate of grill and place salmon flesh side down; cook for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the fish over and brush fish with remaining dressing.
- Top the fish with the tomato mixture and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until fish is flaky.
- Sprinkle chopped basil on top and serve!