Anytime I can use my slow cooker to make dinner, I do! It definitely is one of my most favorite kitchen appliances, especially during the school year. Up here in Seattle, the weather is getting cold, the rain is coming back, and the evenings are somewhat “gloomy”. I love to make warm, hearty meals on those nights, because there is nothing better than a bowl of something warm and yummy, when you are at home all cozy, right??
I threw this together quickly last week and although my intentions were for this to be served OVER rice, I ended up throwing the rice into it and serving it together. I was a little nervous how it would turn out, but it ended up being amazing! It was packed with flavor and my whole family enjoyed it. We had enough to enjoy it again the next night too, which definitely was a win for me!! This is definitely a warm, hearty, flavorful dinner and is quite simple to make!!
- 1 (8 oz) package yellow rice, cooked
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can (10.5 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Garlic Powder
- Place chicken on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Season chicken with some garlic powder.
- Add in the diced onion.
- Pour the chicken broth and cream of chicken soup over the chicken.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for about 7-8 hours, high for about 4 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked, shred using two forks.
- Add in the corn, cheddar cheese and cooked rice.
- Place lid back on slow cooker for another 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm!!