Now that Fall is approaching, that means its PUMPKIN SEASON!! Yep, pumpkin everything is coming your way!! I love love love Fall because of all the yummy foods that I get to fill my kitchen with. I buy several cans of pumpkin each time I go to the store and always find a way to use it. It is end of September and I have already gone through 4 cans of pumpkin. That is just my warm up, hehe!! We enjoyed these scones last weekend and the flavor was amazing. They had a warm spiced flavor, and the scone itself was moist, fluffy, and accompanied our cup of coffee perfectly!! If you are looking for a yummy breakfast, snack, or something to make for friends coming over, definitely try these scones, you will love them!!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Cut butter into mixture using a pastry blender or two butter knives. Continue cutting mixture until resembles coarse meal.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just moistened.
- Once dough is mixed, place dough onto prepared baking sheet and pat into an 8 inch round circle. Score dough into 12 wedges.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 16-18 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the powdered sugar, ground cinnamon, milk, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Pour desired amount of glaze over the scones and serve!
Recipe adapted from: Tutti Dolci