One of our favorite breakfasts are blueberry muffins. The kids know that when the weekend comes, daddy will be making something yummy for breakfast. I step out of the kitchen and let him work his magic!! I never get too excited over breakfast foods, since I am more of a dinner/dessert kinda gal, but when he makes his morning favorites, I definitely run to the table. These muffins are definitely something you need to try. The have a topping that is amazing, and fresh blueberries bursting throughout them. The kids beg for more and almost always have at LEAST 2!! Whether you make these for a tasty breakfast, mid morning snack, or to pack in a lunch, you too will love these!!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Grease a muffin tray or line with liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Mix in the vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and sour cream.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon.
- Mix with a fork and sprinkle over each muffin cup.
- Place muffin tray in preheated oven, 400, and bake for about 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes before enjoying!