Each week, when I go to the grocery store, I like to grab a bunch of bananas. The kids snack on them, I add them to toast in the mornings, smoothies, etc. However, each week, we always have at least one or two that get too brown before we can eat it. I typically stick it in the freezer to use later on for some type of goodie. As I was going through the freezer last week, I realized I had about 10 bananas to use up! My kids LOVE banana bread, so I took a few out to make some bread. However, I also realized I still had a big bag of blueberries in our freezer as well from blueberry picking this summer. I decided to pull them out as well and throw them into the batter to make blueberry banana bread. Not only did it turn out amazing but my kids begged me to cut them a few pieces for their snacks at school! I made 4 mini loaves and in a few days, it was devoured. The blueberries added so much flavor and color to the bread and really brought this to a new level! My oldest son said that it is his new favorite snack and is already begging me to make more. Whether you make this for breakfast, a snack, or to bring to a friend, you’ll love it! It also freezes perfectly to pull out at a later date!!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flours
- 1 cup blueberries (I used frozen but fresh works too)
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, oil, sour cream, eggs, baking soda, bananas, and flour.
- Stir until just combined.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries, making sure they mix in completely.
- Grease a large loaf pan, muffin pan, or mini loaf pans.
- Pour batter into each pan about 2/3 full.
- Preheat oven to 350 and allow to bake for about 40-50 minutes, depending on size of loaf pan.
- Remove from oven once cooked through and slightly golden brown.
- Slice and enjoy!!