One of my most favorite combinations for dessert is anything chocolate peanut butter related. Since I LOVE a yummy brownie, I decided to make these chocolate peanut butter cup brownies. Not only were they simple to make, but all the layers went together perfectly!! The bottom layer is brownie, which is moist and fudge like….YUM!! The top layer is a crackly (due to the Rice Krispies), chocolatey (yup, my own word), fudgey layer that is soooooo amazing!! Add the layers together, and you have a little piece of Heaven! My hubby and I have been enjoying one each night and sadly, they are just about gone! This is one recipe I most definitely need to make again!! If you are in the mood for a sweet treat, definitely whip these up, you won’t be disappointed!!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups unwrapped mini Reese’s cups
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the melted butter and sugar, using an electric mixer.
- Once combined, add in the vanilla extract and eggs.
- Using a spoon, add in the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 8×8 baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for about 20-23 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and quickly place the unwrapped Reese’s on top of the brownies.
- Return pan to the oven and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- While brownies are baking, place the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a microwaveable safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Add in the rice krispies cereal and stir until the cereal is completely covered with the chocolate mixture.
- Remove brownies from the oven and spread the chocolate cereal mixture on top.
- Allow to cool completely, and then place pan in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Cut brownies into desired sizes and serve!!
Recipe adapted from: Culinary Couture