This past weekend, both my hubby and I were in the mood for a sweet treat. I asked him what he wanted and he said “chocolate mousse”. Although that sounded good, it didn’t sound GREAT to me and I was preferring brownies. I decided to make these chocolate mousse brownies so both of us would be happy and satisfy our sweet tooth craving! Sure enough, these were amazing and probably one of the best desserts I have ever made. Out of all the desserts I have made…..and I have made TONS….these brownies are definitely in my top 3 desserts of all time! I highly recommend running to the store, grabbing the ingredients, and making these today! You’ll be in chocolate heaven, I promise,
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 4 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Remove butter from heat and add in the sugar and vanilla extract. Add in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add butter mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 8×8 baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a saucepan over medium heat (use the same one from before to avoid extra pans to clean), add in the marshmallows, sweet chocolate, and milk.
- Stir until melted and combined. Allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl, add the whipping cream and pulse with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spread mousse onto cooled brownies.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes prior to serving and keep chilled when not enjoying! *You can melt chocolate and drizzle on top if desired.