Each Friday, I make a new dessert for my family to enjoy over the weekend! Last week, my hubby said he was in the mood for something Oreo based, so I decided on these bars. Not only were these simple to make, but they were similar to an actual Oreo, just in bar form. This is definitely the perfect summer treat, since its cool and refreshing! Whether you make this for a get together, or for your family, I am sure it will be a huge hit!!
- 1 package Oreos
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz container cool whip
- 1 package (the small package) chocolate pudding
- 1 cup milk
- In a food processor, finely crush 18 Oreos.
- Mix Oreo crumbles with the melted butter.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a ungreased 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a separate bowl, mix the pudding with the 1 cup milk. Set into refrigerator until ready to use.
- Mix the cream cheese with the powdered sugar. Fold in 1 cup of cool whip.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the cooled Oreo crust.
- Spread the pudding mixture on top of cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining cool whip on top of pudding layer.
- Crush the rest of the Oreos and sprinkle cookies on top of cool whip.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve!!