Growing up, my mom always made her Chocolate Eclair Cake as a special treat!! That was, and still is, one of my most favorite summer desserts. Since there is no baking involved, it is the perfect thing to make on a hot day!! When I saw this recipe over at Six Sisters Stuff, I just knew I needed to try it! Sure enough, it was AMAZING and had tons of flavor!! My hubby says this is his new favorite eclair cake! I however, still like both equally! The raspberry in this was a great addition and added a level of sweetness. The chocolate layers in this were yummy as well!! Since it makes a 9×13 pan, this would be perfect for summer parties/gatherings, company over, and more!!
- 1 (16 oz) box chocolate graham crackers
- 2 (3.4 oz) boxes instant chocolate pudding
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (8 oz) container of cool whip
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp milk
- In a bowl, combine the chocolate pudding mixes with the milk. Whisk for about 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Fold in the cool whip to the pudding mixture and set aside.
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan and place a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of pan. *You may need to break the cracker into smaller pieces to cover entire bottom.
- Pour 1/2 the pudding mixture over the graham crackers. Smooth until coated evenly.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups raspberries over pudding.
- Repeat process one more time (one more graham cracker layer, remaining pudding, remaining raspberries).
- Put last layer graham crackers on top of raspberries.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and milk. Spread frosting over graham crackers and place pan in refrigerator.
- Allow to chill for a minimum of 8 hours…..it is best overnight though!
- Slice desired sized piece and enjoy!
*Keep refrigerated when not serving!!