Yesterday morning, I came downstairs and found my hubby making these amazing muffins! He had found my stash of bananas that were on the verge of being sent to the freezer since they were quite ripe, and he wanted to make something to use them up. How lucky am I to have such a great hubby, right?? The kids and I happily ate them up for breakfast and they were definitely a hit! Since the recipe made 18 muffins, we get to enjoy them again this morning!! Yea!! The flavor resembled banana bread, only adding in the occasional blueberry. The topping added a slight crunch which was delicious!! Whether making these on the weekend, or during the weekday for a quick breakfast, these are bound to be a hit in your house as well!!!
- 4 bananas, ripe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease or line a muffin tray with liners.
- Add bananas to a mixing bowl and beat for 5 minutes, until fluffy.
- Transfer bananas to a separate bowl, set aside.
- Add the butter and brown sugar to the mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time.
- Pour banana mixture into the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Add in vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries until evenly distributed.
- Scoop batter into each muffin cup, about 2/3 high.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, flour, and sugar.
- Mix together until crumbles are formed.
- Sprinkle streusel on top of each muffin cup.
- Bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove tray and enjoy!!