A while back, my parents had made a ham at their house and sent us home with the leftovers. Since I didn’t know what to do with it, I stuck it in my freezer. After I few weeks, I realized I needed to use that up, so I pulled it out and made these sandwiches for dinner! Since it was the weekend, I didn’t feel like cooking anything too complicated, and my kids LOVED the idea of having sandwiches for dinner. Not only did I put these together in about 5 minutes (or less), but they were a major hit with the family. The kids gobbled them down and asked for another one! Since I made them on small Hawaiian rolls, I was happy to oblige! These would be perfect for lunch, dinner, or even as an appetizer at a party! I used carved ham since that is what we had leftover, but deli sliced ham works great too!! These are definitely the perfect warm sandwiches!!
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 24 mini sandwich rolls (I used Hawaiian sweet rolls)
- 1 lb deli sliced cooked ham
- 1 lb thin sliced Swiss cheese
**I cut this recipe in half since I had a 12 pack of rolls, depending on how many sandwiches you need, you can decide if you want half the recipe or whole,
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan and preheat the oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and minced onion.
- Open the rolls and place the bottom rolls into the baking dish, side by side.
- Layer some ham on the bottom roll and place a slice of cheese on top.
- Place the top of the rolls on each slice of cheese to create a sandwich.
- Pour mustard mixture evenly over entire pan, making sure to coat each sandwich.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sandwiches are turning slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!!